This LSX oil pan baffle was designed to improve oil control and reduce oil starvation in vehicles utilizing the F-Body LS1 oil pan. Vehicles with this oil pan have a history of being prone to oil starvation during long, high-G turns, especially at higher RPMs where oil aeration and oil pump cavitation is more prevalent.
Our baffles provide very effective, track-proven protection against oil starvation for road racing, drifting, autocross, drag racing and even off roading and rock crawling! The baffle uses trap doors to keep oil around the sump and provides vastly improved drainback and oil control over the stock baffle.
Features and Benefits
- Trap-door baffling completely ecloses the pickup for maximum protection against oil starvation.
- 100% bolt in, no welding necessary. This is a direct bolt-in replacement for the stock steel baffle.
- Improves drainback and reduces the risk of oil starvation when oil levels are low.
- Reduces oil slosh and oil consumption at high Gs.
- Less costly than aftermarket pans.
- Allows retention of the stock oil pan, which is a structural part of the engine. In fact, GM describes the pan as "engine reinforcement". Most aftermarket pans do not provide adequate structural support, resulting in leakages and decreased reliability.
- Light-weight aluminum construction saves 1.3lbs of weight.
- Solid body aircraft rivets used for trap door fasteners.
- 30-day money back guarantee *More information
- 1-year warranty.
- Made in the USA
This product is designed for direct installation in the following vehicles:
- 1998-2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- 1998-2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 and SS
- Hot-rod vehicles and kit-cars equipped with GM V8 F-Body oil pan, current GM part #12628771. Note that GM has used different part numbers in the past.
For your convenience, the following the current GM part numbers for the F-Body oil pan and related components:
||F-Body oil pan
||F-Body pickup tube
||F-Body windage tray
||F-Body dip stick
||F-Body dip stick tube